Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Does God have a sense of humor?

We had a wonderful Dell computer for 5 years. It finally died last fall. We decided to buy a HP laptop and use my employee discount. It arrived last fall. Lynn never really liked it, but I got used to it. However, right before Easter, we were attacked by a vicious bug. We could not use Internet at all and the computer crawled. I did the normal wait a few days because I dreaded the support call. As expected, my call was routed to somewhere across the ocean where I could not understand what they were saying. After two hours, I did manage to get the Internet working. The computer limped along, but was never good. It took forever to do anything. Most of the time I kept my cool, but I think the computer tried Lynn's sanity.

The inevitable was coming, I was going to have to call again. I held off for a week, but finally broke down a few weeks ago. Again routed who knows where (Okay I think I know where, but trying not to be biased). He had me run diagnostics on my hard drive and then got off the line. It ran for an hour and then told me that my hard drive was full. (Not good when it is a brand new computer with tons and tons of memory). I called back and miracle got some guy in the US. He confirmed my suspicion, hard drive was trashed. We had to reinstall the hard drive which ended about 12:30 that night.

Lynn then had the task of getting the computer set up again. Printer, Zune, etc. He spent last Saturday afternoon taking care of this. Hopefully we are set to go.

The funny part is that last week, Eastman had a United Way presentation where you could visit the different agency booths. At each booth, you could register for prizes. At the end of the day, they drew and I won the grand prize (never really won anything before) It was a HP laptop computer!!! We did get a good laugh and wonder if God doesn't have a sense of humor. I am thankful though and Garrett now has a laptop for school!

1 comment:

  1. I love computers! Specifically HP computers. Buying a Mac next time, although Windows 7 is much better than Vista.

    ReplyDelete